Everything You Need to Know About 6ft Shipping Containers
When it comes to portable storage solutions, shipping containers are the go-to choice for many individuals and businesses alike. These versatile steel boxes come in various sizes and configurations, making them suitable for a wide range of applications, from cargo transportation and storage to office and residential use.
A 6ft shipping container is a small, compact steel box that measures six feet in length. This container is ideal for applications where space is limited, such as small construction sites, residential properties, or urban areas with restricted access. Despite its small size, a 6ft shipping container is durable, weather-resistant, and secure, providing excellent protection for your stored goods or equipment.
6ft Shipping Container Dimensions
A standard 6ft shipping container has the following dimensions:
- External length: 6ft (1.83m)
- External width: 6ft (1.83m)
- External height: 6ft 6in (1.98m)
- Internal length: 5ft 7in (1.7m)
- Internal width: 5ft 8in (1.72m)
- Internal height: 5ft 9in (1.75m)
- Cubic capacity: 135 cubic feet (3.83 cubic meters)
- Max gross weight: 4,409 lbs (2,000 kg)
Note that some 6ft containers may have slightly different dimensions depending on the manufacturer or the modifications made to them. It's always best to check with your supplier to ensure that the container meets your specific requirements.
Types of 6ft Shipping Containers
While a standard 6ft shipping container is suitable for most applications, there are several types of containers that you may want to consider depending on your needs.
- High Cube Container: A high cube container has the same width and length as a standard container but is taller, with an additional foot in height. This provides extra vertical storage space and is ideal for storing bulky items or equipment.
- Office Container: An office container is a modified shipping container that has been transformed into a portable office space. It typically comes with insulation, air conditioning, lighting, and power outlets, making it a comfortable and convenient workspace.
- Refrigerated Container: A refrigerated container, also known as a reefer container, is a shipping container that is equipped with a cooling system to maintain a specific temperature range. This type of container is ideal for storing perishable goods, such as food and pharmaceuticals.
Uses of 6ft Shipping Containers
A 6ft shipping container can be used for a wide range of applications, including:
- Storage of equipment and tools
- Transportation of goods and cargo
- Temporary office space
- Pop-up retail shops or cafes
- Mobile workshops
- Art studios or galleries
- Outdoor sheds or garden storage
Advantages of 6ft Shipping Containers
There are several advantages to using a 6ft shipping container for your storage or transportation needs. Here are a few of them:
- Durable: Shipping containers are built to withstand harsh weather conditions, extreme temperatures, and heavy use. They are made of high-quality steel and are designed to last for decades.
- Secure: Shipping containers are equipped with heavy-duty locking mechanisms that make them virtually impenetrable. This provides excellent security for your stored goods or equipment.
- Customizable: Shipping containers can be modified and customized to meet your specific needs. You can add windows, doors, insulation, lighting, and other features to create a space that is tailored to your requirements.
- Portable: Shipping containers are designed to be easily transported by truck, train, or ship. This makes them ideal for temporary storage or transportation needs.
Where to Buy or Rent a 6ft Shipping Container
If you're looking to buy or rent a 6ft shipping container, there are several suppliers and manufacturers that you can choose from. Here are a few tips to help you find the right container for your needs:
- Do your research: Before making a purchase or rental, research different suppliers and manufacturers to compare prices, quality, and services.
- Check the container's condition: If you're buying a used container, inspect it thoroughly to ensure that it's in good condition and free from any defects or damage.
- Ask about delivery and setup: Make sure to ask your supplier about delivery and setup services, as well as any additional fees that may apply.
- Consider your customization needs: If you require a customized container, make sure to discuss your requirements with your supplier to ensure that they can provide the necessary modifications.
Length (mm): 1920
Width (mm): 1960
Height (mm): 1830
Length (mm): 1737
Width (mm): 1874
Height (mm): 1679
Door Opening dimensions
Width (mm): 1624
Height (mm): 1866
Tare (kg): 650
Payload (kg): 4350
Max Gross Weight (kg): 5000
If you’re not quite sure of your requirements and need a bit more information to choose a shipping container that fits your purposes, take a look at our extensive catalogue here.